Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Overload !

Like a pinball machine that got bumped a bit too hard, and TILTs. Sometimes I get inspiration overload. Its a very depressing feeling that comes from an excess of other peoples creativity.

Perhaps my glass is always half empty. I can understand and see the half full side of things but never-the-less I get a blah kind of depression from seeing too many books at Borders, reading a book like 1000 rings, or 500 beads.

What I do is get all worked up that there is soo much creativity and unique art out there, the variety and quality (some good, some not as good) is so expansive that its hard to see where you fit in as an artist or potential artist and even if you manage to fill a unique enough niche then how do people pick you out of the enormous selections of stuff out there.

Thats sort of similar to what was/is happening on Ebay. When I first listed on Ebay there were about 400 people listing glass beads. Now its probably at or about a thousand. So even if you have a good product, unique and desired art product (I guess it does not even need to be art but just any product) but are one of thousands, how do you get out there, selected, known.

I dont mean this to be a huge bummerfest that is in a dark and downward spiral. Need/want some cyber involvement.

#1 Question is; "Do you ever get that feeling ?"
#2 "How do you overcome it ?"

Fortunately this doesn't happen often.

Post here....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home