Sunday, February 05, 2006

Neat Stuff Part I

Im back from Tucson and it was a blast. I saw old friends and met some new ones.
One person I met is John Winter, of Winterglass. I had corresponded with him by email when I made a submission to his 2006 Collectible Bead Artist calendar. I highly recommend it as a bead calendar and it does include my bead as well as many other great beads. Buy this calendar ! Available from the link to Winterglass.

Mr. Winter is a nice guy and we talked for some time about beads and stuff. Id like to show off his new product which I believe he was introducing at this show. Its called the Bead Spring. It’s a unique product and very quickly and easily solves a problem of what to do with a bead for those who are not good or familiar with how to use lampwork beads. The clip inserts into the bead hole and spring pressure holds it tight. I bought one and I believe it will retail for under $10. For those of you who say, I can make that, sure but can you beat it for the price ? It looks simple but there is some work involved in bending the wire, getting the ends flat, and putting the right amount of spring in it.

Im showing the Bead Spring inside my other acquisition, a Japaneese bead. The Japaneese are amazing beadmakers, using a very soft glass that is made in an amazing color pallete. The detail in these beads is just amazing. I had to force myself not to spend too much $. There were these beads with goldfish in them and dragonflys with detail so intricate you can barely see it all with a magnifying glass ! This flower bead is just striking in its complexity of detail yet simplicity of design. John also has a few other super cool bead accessories. One I really like is a button converter. Takes a bead and makes it into a button. Its only $4, that’s amazingly reasonable price for such a cool device. Its Fantastic ! Also available from his website.

Not only does John make cool metal bead accessories, hes a great beadmaker and photographer. So if you have the time, visit his website, with the link above or off the link on the side.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home