Thursday, January 19, 2006

Beadless.....book suggestions

OK,

So I havent melted any glass in a few days and Im getting cranky.... Second best to melting glass is reading good books with lots of photos of folks who are melting or have melted glass.

Fortunately, I happened to get a note from the local library that my book request was in. My request was The Complete Book of Glass Beadmaking by Kimberly Adams. Published by the wonderful folks at Lark Books . These are the folks who published the Cindy Jenkins book that I cut my teeth on and studied for hours with amazement trying to figure out how they did this or that. They also put out 500 Glass Beads and 500 or 1000 Rings that are neat books also and very worthy of adding to any collection.

Also on the list of recent books about glass.

The Encyclopedia of Modern Marbles, Spheres, & Orbs, by Mark P. Block. Published by Schiffer Publishing Ltd. Id also consider adding Contemporary Marbles and related Art Glass also by the same publisher. Some really cool photos in the encyclopedia and lots of them. Its an expensive book but I like the photos.

Lots of glass eye candy in all these.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home