Monday, February 06, 2006

Neat Stuff Part II

Scott Bouwens of Bearfoot Art, maker of the EMS was also showing off a new item or two. I dont have any photos of this but Scott has created a tubing spinner. Its like an oversize EMS that spins glass tube. Im sure that this will be a hit in the boroscilicate glass crowd. Scott hinted at the fact that there are lots more things in the works. In addition, he has a few other cool items and improvement.

Some magnetic handrests that are adjustable and easily moved yet when in place, lock down to a metal base. A jumbo rolling marver that is larger than the standard rolling marver, Im told it can take much more heat than the smaller one. I just roll mine over wet papertowels to cool it down. Scott told me that if I wanted to restore it to a shiny brass color, a touch of metal polish will bring it back to the shiny color. We have a link to the EMS here already but have one in this post to make it supereasy to visit Scotts tool store. Hes a great guy who makes a bunch of cool stuff.

I picked up a few samples of some Glass Alchemy boro glass new colors that will be coming out soon. Two blues and a white that I will try out in the next few days.

When visiting my neighbor who was set up at the True Blue Bead show, she gave me one of her tools. She is the inventor of the Magical Crimp tool. Now really, this thing is amazing. I have mentioned it before but she was so kind and despite not having enough of these to sell retail, they were only taking large orders. She gave me one to try out. It works great ! Jaws are pretty narrow to allow them into the tight spaces at the ends of bracelets and necklaces. The handles are comfortable, the tool appears to be well made structurally. This is going to be the only crimp tool folks will be using soon. It truly is a better mousetrap. I have a photo of some of the crimps I tried it out on. This tool takes a 2mm crimp tube and on .019 wire, turns it into a round crimp so it looks just like a metal bead. No more ugly crimps ! Yay !

I predict that this tool is going to be the revolutionary tool for bead crimps. They are predicting that they should be hitting stores around June. Get yours right away, you heard about it here first. This thing is great ! In fact, I was showing it around to some friends and everyone I showed it to wanted one. I could have taken orders for it, or sold it easily for double what it will retail for. Everyone wanted one ! For those who dont know from earlier posts, I live in a very small town 2-3000 people and my neighbor two houses down invented and patented this tool. How cool is that ! More about the tool can be seen at Magical Crimp Tool. Plans are in the works I understand to make a smaller size that will work with .014 size wire. It does also work on elastic cord, which is super cool !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home