Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Scopes Part II

Ever heard of a Beadscope ? Well, if you followed the last part, marblescopes, here I have made a beadscope. These are 2 mirror systems which means the third side of the triangle is just shiny black glass. Using the same math formula trying to get 5 point symmetry, I was able this time to get perfect symmetry but it was 4 point, not the sought after 5 point. Here is the finished beadscope.

I took a mandrel, threaded it, bent it and slipped it into a piece of copper tube I had. It fit perfectly, I tinned the tube and stuck it (soldered) on a corner of the scope. Now I can change the beads at the end and get different images inside the scope. Its adjustable as it slides to and away from the end viewing glass. There is no rubbing of the beads on the glass, to scratch it. I can change out the beads. This design allows much more light in so the image is much better.

Id have to say that this, Make one, model two is much better. If you hold it just right you can spin one bead one way and the next one down the other, and it creates some great images inside the scope. I think the bead holding end is a bit long. I figured that better too long, any extra space can be taken up with spacer beads than to have a perfect bead that wont fit because the rod is too short. Im hopeful that on make one, model three I manage to get 5 point symmetry.

The soldering looks a little bit better but still not what Id like it to be. I think my wimpy little solder iron is too small for this kind of work. Hop liked this one soo much he asked me to put it up for sale in his new bookstore, so I did.

Im excited as I still have enough mirror and glass to make a third one and Im sure it will only be better than these first two.

Got any comments, do you make scopes, suggestions welcomed, need help making your own scope, I will share what limited info I know. These were some fun projects.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Giving a natural fancy colored diamond jewelry to someone you care about is a message of caring. There are so many great local resources now for natural fancy colored diamond jewelry . It is easier than ever to pick up the phone or go online and find natural fancy colored diamond jewelry.

Another great site with a lot of updating information is http://www.aphroditesaccessories.com. Thanks by the way for such a great blog!

1:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the great comments and insights..By the way, are you looking for more information on Steel Roofing ..If so here is a fantastic resource for everything related to loan matters and Steel Roofing with information, products, articles and more..Check it out here...1stplaceroofing.com

2:51 AM  
Blogger Stoffobeads said...

Wonder why this post was the one that took two hits for spam ?

Well if you need a roof, or a diamond you now know where to go....

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Fellow! I was just searching blogs,and I found yours! I like it!
If you have a moment, please visit my beauty therapy vacancy site.
Good luck!

2:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home