Saturday, March 04, 2006

Scopes Pt. III- 5 Points Achieved !

Well, I'm still on the cusp of recovery from this awful cold. I spent a few hours today, taking the sun in the studio, when I felt up to it. Getting my vitamin G as well as E, and C (G for glass).

I assembled the third bead-scope and achieved my attempted 5 point symmetry. Much more concentration and use of techniques I have built making the other two scopes came in handy.

The shot on the outside shows the exterior of the scope and the bead-viewing attachment. This scope isnt really any different on the outside than the other 2.

Where it shows is on the inside, the mirrors line up better with no black gaps, the glass is cleaner, the whole deal is a bit more refined. This is again a 2 mirror system and one sheet of black. Were I to do this again, Id work hard to find a better flatter shiny black, not the somewhat wavy black Im using. Id also attempt to angle the mirror system into a taper to create a sphere image. However, I have satisfied my curiosity and desire to make scopes and capture the 5 point star.

I shot this rather dark image with the digital camera right down the scope and though you cant see much of the detail or complexity of the image, you can clearly make out 5 points ! Mission accomplished. Hmmm, now what next ?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home