Friday, March 31, 2006

Contest and other stuff

Well, here is a recent addition to the contest, bringing the total of submissions to two. I need more folks. The Stoffobeads contest board is unsure what to do to generate more submissions but two is kind of a lowly number.

Shamrock at JB (justbeads.com for the unititiated) submitted the following, "Ok, after pining over a losing bid on one of your lapidary donuts, here's an idea: "Molten lava/hot coals". Inner colors of firey reds,oranges, yellows banked beneath an outer (textured?) crust of charcoal gray or black -- lapidary cuts into the crust reveal the smoldering core within. This would also work well on a barrel-shaped bead. Possible?" Way to go Shamrock ! I think I can do that.

Here are some close ups from the latest beads I have up for auction.

I think these are the firey reds Shamrock is making reference to. Suprisingly technique is only possible on one of my two torches. Something about the particular flame chemistry that allows me to make this on only that one torch. I have tried and tried on the "faster" torch but have not been able to get it to happen. I have heard that certain torches even among the same model of torch just work differently enough to have their own unique characteristics. There will be more beads with this type of pattern on them as I continue to refine the process.

SOLD the beadscope, Model 3 is on its way to Alaska ! Sad to see it go but I know its going to a very good home !

More paint chips, cause they are cool. I have bids in on some and should find out today if Im going to own some of it.... Im excited.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home