Friday, July 07, 2006

Some show and tell, finally !



So eager readers....

Here is the eyecandy that I made the other day. I melted down some boro into marbles. These are two marbles I made. I was using techniques I had learned about in a magazine and I honestly cant recall which it was in. Both of these are great glass magazines. The flow and glassline anyone interested in lampworking should get both of them to round out their library.

So these two marbles, one a colored dot marble (to the left and right above) and the other what I will call a honey comb (below) are both made from borosilicate glass tube. The process I will never be able to describe as well as its done in the magazine, a virtual photo tutorial which is why I love the magazines. Id say for the first and second time trying the technique, I did pretty good.



The same day, I also made some warring states style beads. This type of bead is time consuming in the precision placement of the dots. As you can see from the photo, the one bead on the right, I messed it up last minute. I always put the center dot in the florettes last. Im not sure why but I do. I accidentally bumped the dot and it pushed into another dot, just barely and when the two touch, they begin to melt together and that in my opinion ruins the bead.

Hopefully this mini-photo show and tell is a welcomed contribution to what has otherwise been a rather bleak blog.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!!
Wow, those are great! I really loved to read about how you did them, very interesting!!

Keep up the great work! Oh, and try to stay cool--those are some awfully hot temperatures!

have a great day and take care!

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home